Latkwaytaung Pagoda AD 1742
King Na Ra Aba Ya Ra Zar ruled the throne of Mraukoo in 1742 AD. He built five pagodas on Datswan mountain which is 100 feet high and one mile away from the west of the palace.
It is called Latkwaytaung pagoda because the pagoda was built enshrining the ring finger relic of Buddha in it. The five pagodas can be seen like a thumb, an index finder, a middle finger, a ring finger and a little finger by looking at in distance. Those look like spreading the human’s hand. That is why the mountain is called Latkwaytaung mountain. The devotee U Than Tun Oo renovated the pagodas in the British regime because they fell into ruins. Mauktaw gate exists between Rathaytaung and Latkwaytaung.