The pagoda was built by king Min Kha Ree in AD 1433. The pagoda is called Nyidaw pagoda because king Min Kha Ree built the pagoda he wanted the successive generations of Rakhine to imitate him that he paid respect to his elder brother Min Saw Mon according to 38 kinds of blessing. The pagoda has a perfumed chamber. The evidence of belief of 28 Buddhas, can be found because the 28 niches of 28 Buddhas were made at both sides of the entrance way to the pagoda. The stone sculpture of the early Mraukoo period, was sculpted at Buddha throne.