The pagoda on Haritaung mountain was built by Na Ra Aba Ya Ra Za in the year of AD 1750. The pagoda is called Aritaw pagoda because it was built enshrining Aritaw relic of Buddha in it.
Some historians say that the word “Hari” was derived from “Chari” in Sanskrit. Nevertheless, such Hari mountain has existed before king Na Ra Aba Ya Ra Za. That mountain was called Galone mountain, Thiri mountain and Hari mountain respectively since the time of founding Mraukoo of king Min Saw Mon. It is found in the record that king Thi Ri Thu Dam Ma Ra Za was called king Min Ha Ri because he was born in the place near Hari mountain.